Come join in the fun with our Girls Football
Girls have always been welcome to play at EFJFC, but in 2017, we were delighted to officially welcome our first dedicated Girls team!
In 2020, we have several all-girls and mixed teams at EFJFC.
Whether you have played before or are completely new to the game, we encourage any girls interested in playing to come and join us. All skill levels are welcome!! The Club and sport is a great opportunity to have fun, make friends, learn new skills and be active.
We have dedicated pathways that cater for our girls from Auskick through to the AFLW, with opportunities for players of all skill levels. Girls can play in all-girls teams or continue playing in the regular mixed competition up to (and including) Under 14.
Play another sport too? Most of our girls do. Junior Girls football is generally played on Sunday while the Youth Girls (13+) competition is played on Friday evenings.
Female Participation Pathway
- NAB AFL AUSKICK: Ages 5-8
- The NAB AFL Auskick program is the AFL’s official introductory program for both boys and girls
- With no tackling, modified rules and an inclusive atmosphere, Auskick is fun, safe and a terrific way to get young girls involved in the sport
- To participate in the AFL Auskick program, girls must turn five in the calendar year that they register.
- CLUB FOOTBALL: Junior Football: Ages 8-12
- Junior Club football offers kids who have completed a few NAB AFL Auskick seasons the excitement of playing in a team against other Junior Football Clubs
- We have a number of Girls-only teams – however girls can also play in mixed-gender teams up to the age of 14
- Rules are modified to allow kids to play in a safe, inclusive environment and allows players to experience a variety of positions on the ground from full back to full forward
Youth Football: Ages 13-17
- Tailor made for players of all abilities and aspirations, Youth Girls football is an ideal progression from either NAB AFL Auskick or junior football
If you have any issues with registration, please contact our Club Registrar.